Monday, April 26, 2010


So I'm writing a mystery right? I needed a good place for a setting. Some place scary, eerie. A place that you wouldn't walk around at night.

After research I discovered a beautifully haunting place in the Spanish province of Jaen in a town called Belmez. A cottage there was found to have tons of 3D faces made of stone buried under the house. Thousands of faces of people of all ages were actually casted over the human bodies and buried under the house. The worst part is no one knows how they got there. They weren't paintings but there was no recording of them or any significant event there before 1971.

In 1971 a lady named Maria Gomez Pereira moved into the house, she discovered a face in her kitchen floor, made of a stoney material. She tried to dig out the face but only found thousands more which were buried under the house, this is how this epidemic was discovered. Another horrifying thing is a puzzle built into the kitchen that scientist haven't ever been able to figure out.

This place is surely scary, ageless faces buried beneath, and in a small foreign town.

I can't wait to start my mysteeeeeery!

(btw I'm living off of 5 snickers right now, VERY enthusiastic!)


3 comments:

  1. That sounds SO CREEPY! I have to go look it up myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg michelle ... me and you should camp out. Plus I feel like I should be like the suprising canibal that like eats the decayed faces in your mystery thriller thing ... right now it sounds weird, but I'm craving human flesh. I wanted to drink pigs blood or cow blood or something just the taste for blood . . . YUM!!! ( 0.o )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and this reminds me of Saw . . . you know how Jigsaw's legacy just keeps going on forever and that movie poster for the fourth or fifth movie with the killers face on it . . . YES!

    ReplyDelete